Monday, August 17, 2009

Diptych Artist Statement Version #1

My Big Idea is perspective. In my brainstorming I looked many themes within the iea of perspective such as where people draw the line between funny and offensive and how people show their emotions. However the final theme I decided on was how perspective is formed and changed over time. With this new theme I tried to use images that show how environment and genetics influence perspective over time. Because of the complexity and interconnectivity of my theme some of the visual techniques I want to use are collage and transparency. I also want mix old images with more modern images to show the influence of time.   

This idea Big Idea is important to me because I believe that better understanding of people and why they are the way they are allows for better acceptance and tolerance of others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment