Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The tutorial I chose to use focused on displacement maps and texture. I picked this topoic because I had no idea what it was therefore I thought it would be helpful to learn and a little challenging. In the first snapshot above I cut out the image of a flower from on of my pictures. Then I adjusted the brightness and contrast in the image and blurred it to create the displacement map.

In the second snapshot I placed the texture I wanted in the file. I deviated from the tutorial slightly by choosing a stone texture instead of a wooden texture. Once the image was placed in my file, I used the displacement filter to treat the texture.
In the third snapshot I masked the texture over the flower image.


Finally, I adjusted the opacity and fill of the texture so that some of the shading in the flower could show through. The only problem I had with the tutorial was reducing the file size of the images to between 75-100 kb. For example, although some of the images are at the lowest possible quality, they are still more than 100 kb.

http://www.worth1000.com/tutorial.asp?sid=161117&page=3

No comments:

Post a Comment